In today’s article, you would learn how to install VMWare tools on the Ubuntu virtual machine. Before installing VMware tools download the latest version of VMware tools and Install it.
Installing VMware Tools on Ubuntu is necessary, It is like Driver of it. If you do not install VMware tools on Ubuntu, You would miss some features of Ubuntu which mean you cannot use it, Like Resolution one of the important thing is resolution, and also you cannot use it with full screen, There would be a small screen in the middle of your computer. There some steps for Installing VMware Tools on Ubuntu, please follow step by step correctly.
Installing VMware Tools on Ubuntu
The first and important thing is inserting the file( VMware tools) on your virtual machine, There are many different ways of inserting a file or data to your virtual machine, You select a way which is easy for you. I am inserting data to the virtual machine in this article using CD-Room of the virtual machine which you will know or learn, How to insert a file or data to your virtual machine through CD-Room of it.
- The first thing to do is to open the VMware and select the virtual machine where Ubuntu is installed and find the VM tab on VMware.
- Then go to VM tab on your VMware tabs Select and Removable Devices and there you can see 2 option of CD-Room select either of them and click on Settings
- Then go to Settings and add VMware Tools file(Its location) and make sure Connected option is also ticked
And now VMware Tools are inserted to your Ubuntu (Virtual Machine). Turn on your Ubuntu and follow the following steps for Installing VMware Tools on Ubuntu.
- Select the disk where VMware Tools are, Go to file to select it or it is on the desktop.
- Select VMware tools which are tar.gz file
- And Extract anywhere you want. Then go to that folder where you Extracted VMware Tools and open Terminal from that folder for Installing VMware Tools on Ubuntu.
When you open Terminal then Run the VMware Tools code to Install VMware Tools on Ubuntu.
One thing more to add before adding the installation code to you that whenever you want to install something on Linux there must be root privilege which means need the root access to install something. the code here is to run (sudo ./vmware-install.pl) VMware-install is your filename if your filename is different select instate of this your filename and after that, it might need a confirmation reply with y which means yes.
Then reboot your virtual machine and ENJOY.