Oct 27, 2023 57m
How do you put together a scientific Python undertaking for sharing with others? Might you employ some finest practices and steerage for packaging, documentation, and testing? Christopher Trudeau is again on the present this week, bringing one other batch of PyCoder’s Weekly articles and tasks.
We discuss concerning the creation of the Scientific Python Library Growth Information. The information was finalized through the 2023 Scientific Python Developer Summit and is a useful resource for contemporary packaging. It consists of sections of tutorials, ideas, templates, and customary patterns.
Christopher shares a latest Actual Python tutorial about sorting Unicode strings in Python. He covers a few of the pitfalls and methods to keep away from them. The tutorial consists of a number of third-party libraries to help in wrangling Unicode characters.
We additionally share a number of different articles and tasks from the Python neighborhood, together with a few launch bulletins, info on namespaces and variable scope in Python, benchmark comparisons of Numba and Mojo, a dialogue of latest so-called AI fails, a TUI for log recordsdata with a merged timeline, a cross-platform GUI constructing software just like HyperCard, and a undertaking for reproducing precise
Course Highlight: Exploring Scopes and Closures in Python
On this Code Dialog video course, you’ll take a deep dive into how scopes and closures work in Python. To do that, you’ll use a debugger to stroll by means of some pattern code, and then you definately’ll take a peek underneath the hood to see how Python holds variables internally.
- 00:00:00 – Introduction
- 00:02:30 – Python 3.13.0 alpha 1 is now out there
- 00:03:20 – core.py – Podcast
- 00:03:53 – PEP 730 – Including iOS as a supported platform
- 00:05:22 – Mojo🔥 is now out there on Mac
- 00:06:28 – The right way to Type Unicode Strings Alphabetically in Python
- 00:11:48 – Python Variables: Namespaces and Variable Scope
- 00:18:18 – Mojo: Head-to-Head With Python and Numba
- 00:27:25 – Video Course Highlight
- 00:28:50 – The Scientific Python Library Growth Information
- 00:32:47 – I’m banned for all times from promoting on Meta
- 00:48:03 –
logmerger: TUI for Log Recordsdata With Merged Timeline
- 00:50:34 – CardStock: Cross-Platform GUI Constructing Device
- 00:54:24 –
reverse_argparse: Inform the Consumer What They Ran
- 00:56:25 – Thanks and goodbye
- The right way to Type Unicode Strings Alphabetically in Python – On this tutorial, you’ll discover ways to appropriately type Unicode strings in Python whereas avoiding frequent pitfalls. You’ll discover highly effective third-party libraries implementing the entire Unicode Collation Algorithm (UCA), in addition to commonplace library modules and some handmade options.
- Python Variables: Namespaces and Variable Scope – This put up is a complete information on namespaces and variable scope. Be taught concerning the 4 completely different namespaces and how one can entry every.
- Mojo: Head-to-Head With Python and Numba – This text covers a Mandelbrot-based benchmark of Python, variations of Numba, and the newly out there Mojo. Though Mojo is quick, it takes much more work than the creator anticipated to translate Python to it, and with the appropriate parameters, Numba nonetheless beats it.
- The Scientific Python Growth Information – This text talks concerning the launch of the Scientific Python Growth Information, which paperwork Python bundle improvement. It consists of cookie-cutter templates and repo instruments.
Stage Up Your Python Expertise With These Programs: