The usual Python interpreter enables you to run scripts from information or interactively execute code on the fly in a so-called read-evaluate-print loop (REPL). Whereas this can be a highly effective instrument for exploring the language and discovering its libraries via instantaneous suggestions in your code inputs, the default REPL shipped with Python has a number of limitations. Fortunately, options like bpython supply a way more programmer-friendly and handy expertise.
You need to use bpython to experiment together with your code or shortly take a look at an concept with out switching contexts between completely different packages, similar to in an built-in improvement surroundings (IDE). As well as, bpython could also be a helpful instructing instrument in both a digital or bodily classroom.
On this course, you’ll learn to:
- Set up and use bpython as your different Python REPL
- Increase your productiveness because of bpython’s distinctive options
- Tweak bpython’s configuration and its coloration theme
- Use widespread keyboard shortcuts to code extra shortly
- Contribute to bpython’s open-source venture on GitHub
Earlier than beginning this course, ensure you’re already accustomed to Python fundamentals and know tips on how to begin the customary Python REPL within the command line. As well as, you need to be capable of set up packages with
pip, ideally right into a digital surroundings.
Associated Studying Paths: